- 2 6 oz salmon filets
- 1 large grapefruit, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Place salmon filets in a large shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk grapefruit zest, juice, and pulp with remaining ingredients, except cornstarch.
- Cover salmon with marinade mix and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon and all of the marinade. Bring liquid to a simmer, and simmer salmon 10-15 minutes, uncovered, until fish flakes when pricked with a fork.
- When fish is cooked, remove from pan. Whisk cornstarch into remaining sauce. Simmer until mixture begins to thicken.
- Top salmon with sauce for serving.