- 5 large red grapefruits, peeled and roughly segmented
- 200ml smooth orange juice (from a 1ltr bottle)
- 150g golden caster sugar
- Put the grapefruit in a food processor and blitz until mostly smooth. Pass through a sieve into a jug to give 500ml juice; discard the pulp and stir in the orange juice.
- Transfer to a small pan with the sugar and warm over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool completely.
- Pour the mixture into a freezable container and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer for 5 minutes to soften slightly, then blitz in a food processor until fluffy. Return to the container to freeze completely.